Tuesday, August 4, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things

.... and it doesn't involve raindrops on roses, or whiskers on kittens. (Even though I have nothing against either of those things. Or musicals for that matter)

Anyway, it's Terrific Tuesday! Already completed my workout for today (yay for strength training! They may be hidden under layers of fat for now but I know I have some fabulous lean muscles building!). As I was gulping down some water I thought about what I wanted to share today. Most immediate thoughts were those of things I can no longer tolerate and that's why I am focused on losing weight. But feeling so good (as one naturally does post-workout) it doesn't feel right to dwell on the negative nor does it feel right to use fear as a motivator today. Instead I am going to use hope (I'm sure I'll share my fear motivation list soon enough!). Here is a list of things I am hoping for and looking forward to in no particular order:

-- walking into ANY store and knowing they have my size. I don't care what number it is, just so long as it fits.
-- a flat stomach. 'Nough said.
-- not giving a second thought about if I can fit into that chair/ seatbelt/ booth because I know I can.
-- the millions of stairs in New York City NOT taking my breath away. Namely all the subways and my forth floor walkup.
-- looking in the mirror and liking what I see.
-- my thighs no longer touching or rubbing together.
-- saying 'I'm going for a run' and actually being able to run non-stop for the entire workout.
-- wearing a bikini again and looking even better in it now than I did ten years ago (just like Valerie Bertinelli. Don't try to tell me that Jenny Craig bikini ad she did didn't make your jaw drop!)
-- Being able to see my '4-pack' again. Hell, maybe this time I'll get the whole 6!
-- knowing I am happy and healthy.

...just to name a few.

So what's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails