Friday, August 28, 2009

FFFF #1

Welcome to the first edition of Factors for being Fat Free Friday!
("Reasons to be Fat Free Friday" or "RFFF" isn't quite the same as "FFFF" so groan at the title is you must, but then get over it and work with me here people!)

There are some vital habits you should create in order to make your goals are reality. Constantly reminding yourself of your goals is one of them. There are various lists you can do make to do this:

-- All the reasons you want to lose weight
-- All the things you look forward to when you are at your goal weight/size
-- All the things you look forward to leaving behind
-- Goals you have created for yourself, both big and small
-- the rewards you plan to indulge yourself in as you hit certain milestones

... to name a few. Some people prefer pictures and images and scrapbooking than words too (works for me except it's more effort. And this works just as well and I'm more likely to stick with it, so... "K.I.S.S." (Keep It Simple Stupid))

SO! I think every Friday I should list a few factors that keep me motivated, and remind me why I am doing this.

The beauty of this is also how endless this list can be. And how it is completely natural for your goals and ideas to shift over time. It will be interesting to see how these change.

This week's list...
THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NO LONGER DOING:
1.) Not having to scan clothing racks for size and THEN choosing style.
2.) When looking at a booth, a airplane or theatre seat, trying to get on/off the subway during rush hour, crowd-weaving, etc. not looking at a space and wondering "will I fit in/through that space?"
3.) Constantly primping my clothes to ensure belly/butt/boobs, etc. are covered and look as flattering as they can at their size.
4.) Stemming off #3, I look forward to sitting down and not having to primp and pull my clothes out from being caught in between my rolls of fat.
5.) Having no choice but to wear pants/shorts on days that are warm or days when I know I will be doing a lot of walking because my thighs rub together.
6.) Being nervous about reaching for anything high up above my head because my flubber of a belly might be exposed during said reach.
7.) Getting my hair done at the salon and not spending any time studying how round my face is or how many chins at different angles I have
8.) Not having to subtly check the weight limit of items before getting on them (ladders, scooters, hammocks, etc.)
9.) Ordering or eating a dessert with no fear of judgment from anyone
10.) Having no fear of 'one size fits all' or 'one size fits most' or aprons or belts or those paper gowns at the doctor's office.

And my #1 motivating factor to be fat free this week is :
I WANT TO WEAR A BIKINI AND LOOK FIT AND TONED, AND THEREFORE HOT AND STEAMY!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I think I'll have to vome up with my list...yours is awesome!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady! I look forward to reading your list soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails