Saturday, August 15, 2009

Strong Like Donkey Kong!

Today is Day 11 of being cigarette free! It's actually quite unbelievable how few cravings I've had this time round. Plus I recall the weeks leading up to my quit I wasn't enjoying smoking anymore. I was lighting up because of my addiction and not because I actually wanted the cigarette and hating every puff yet I couldn't help it. It's a good thing. I'm pretty sure that means I was finally completely ready to quit!

none the less, I will continue on with my timeline...

5 - 8 days ✔ Check!
The "average" ex-smoker will encounter an "average" of three cue induced crave episodes per day. Although we may not be "average" and although serious cessation time distortion can make minutes feel like hours, it is unlikely that any single episode will last longer than 3 minutes. Keep a clock handy and time them.
10 days ✔ Check!
The "average ex-user is down to encountering less than two crave episodes per day, each less than 3 minutes.
10 days to 2 weeks Stand By...
Recovery has likely progressed to the point where your addiction is no longer doing the talking. Blood circulation in our gums and teeth are now similar to that of a non-user.

For full list and the link, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails