Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Healthy Decisions are like Rabbits

Once you get two of them, they multiply like crazy!! Haha!

Seriously though, one healthy decision leads to another. I have a looming 27th birthday coming up in less than two weeks and I'm just planning on going out to dinner with friends. Without even thinking, it was just assumed by all - including myself - that we would be having steak. Everyone knows I'm a steak and mash girl!

But with all this added commitment to exercise, and making effort to eat healthy and organic whenever possible, while I'm all about a splurge once in a while, this one just doesn't seem worth it.

Which is surprising cause you would think that a birthday of all things is the perfect excuse to say "It's my birthday and I'll pig out if I want to!"

But nope. Sorry, no, not interested. It will just make me feel fat, guilty, bloated, full, and regretful. And on my birthday no less. Who needs those sorts of feelings? Not me!

So I'm thinking Dim Sum (all steamed of course) or Sushi, or maybe go all class and just hit the Olive Garden in Times Square and go nuts on Soup, Salad, and Breeadsticks.

'Cause that's just the kind of classy girl I am :D

2 comments:

  1. So true! This past week when I got rid of the diet soda, it was easier to eat healthy the rest of the week, even at a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on quitting the fizz and partying healthfully!

    And I hear you on the diet soda... I go through my diet coke addictions phases. I'm not in one now though, and I'm hoping it will stay that way :)

    Let's both keep that fizzy goodness at a minimum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails