Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 8

Sweet Success... Thanks to the Final Exam last night, I got to take the day off from studying. So between work & class I walked. It was just round the neighborhood & I tried to keep a good pace despite the New York foot traffic; I don't know if it helped but I guess it helped my pedometer: 8,853 steps. I'm kinda loving how my number of steps are so much higher than I would have guessed they were!

Slowly Striving... Left home without packing any food. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". Bugger. I did what I could and had all my water, but I'm pretty sure calories and food groups were all wonky.

Thoughts... Open the curtains in the morning! I was in a much better mood today and while I think this has a lot to do with the Final Exam being over, I think it had something to do with letting a little sunlight filter in while I was getting ready for work. Usually I'm up & out and I don't bother opening the curtains (hey, it's still sort of dark out anyway!), and my logic is 'what's the point in opening them because I'm only home for another 30-45 minutes before running out the door & by the time I get home it will be dark, so the first thing I'll do when I get home is to close them'. Turns out, that 45 minutes or so is important! I think it really helped put some sunshine in my step today ;)

1 comment:

  1. YEAH for the final exam being over!

    I agree with you on the sunshine bit, it is funny how when we take just a little time for ourselves, doing something good for ourselves - it can make sucha big difference. Opening the curtains doesn't seem like a huge deal but it can completely change the course of process for the day! It is FRESH!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails