Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 3

Sweet Success... Despite being busy and bloated and with cramps, I didn't cancel my JC appointment. It really is important to go every week, even when you don't want to! So I kept it. After all, one of the major reasons to go to a weight loss centre is the accountability! (I weighed in backwards though (ie. stepped on the scale backwards so I couldn't see the number) so that my consultant could still track it but without getting the emotional stress of getting upset about a number that doesn't reflect my efforts)


Slowly Striving...
I didn't eat much today. Cramps always make me feel ill.


Thoughts... I was telling my consultant about how I am comfortable and yet unhappy and as I'm talking and we're discussing things I had a mini-breakthrough. Almost on a daily basis I allow myself exchanges. They are calorie equivalent but they are not always food group ratio equivalent. BINGO! A classic 'getting too comfortable' scenario! How did I not see that I was doing that??! It's so obvious!! I'm still in a little bit of shock from the weight of this discovery. I'm sure I'm not articulating very well at all. It's a combination of a) that I didn't even realize I was doing it, b)that some people can swap calories for calories but I am not one of those people; I have to watch the food groups as well, c)I knew that I had become comfortable but couldn't quite understand it &/or see it until now. It's upsetting and frustrating that I would cheat myself like this, and d) trying to comprehend how cutting out this behaviour will vastly affect my results no doubt! Well, I won't have to wait very long... just 7 days. A whole week of 100% for the next 7 days. Let's see what happens...

1 comment:

  1. Evening Primrose Oil is an EFA that has been demonstrated to provide relief from painful menstruation. It helped me. Getting older has a few benefits. I don't miss the old days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails